Re: regression: port www/squid fails to build on ia64 head

From: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:45:09 +0000
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 05:01:18PM +0100, Johan Hendriks wrote:

> >> * Johan Hendriks <Johan_at_double-l.nl>:
> >>
> >> (Squid breakage in the YP/NIS helper)

> )
> >>
> >> This is possible; the Squid 2.7 port still relies on
> WITHOUT_NIS/NO_NIS
> >> being set in make.conf. Due to the make.conf/src.conf split this does
> no
> >> longer work. I have added an OPTION to turn off NIS support to the
> squid
> >> 3.x ports and will merge this change into the Squid 2.7 port along
> with
> >> other changes soon. In the meantime you can work around this if you
> >> build www/squid with "make -DWITHOUT_NIS" or by adding
> WITHOUT_NIS=yes
> >> to /etc/make.conf.
> >>
> >> The same applies to systems built/installed without Heimdal support.
> >> Sorry for the breakage.
>
> >yes, I had WITHOUT_NIS=    yes in /etc/src.conf, but not the other
> >two options. I have now rebuilt the system without this option,
> >but I still get the NIS build error.
>
> >If I build with "make -DWITHOUT_NIS", then I get this error:
>
> >Making all in negotiate_auth
> >Making all in squid_kerb_auth
> >cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../include    -DHEIMDAL -I./spnegohelp
> -I.  -O2 -pipe  -fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT -MT squid_kerb_auth.o
> -MD -MP ->MF .deps/squid_kerb_auth.Tpo -c -o squid_kerb_auth.o
> squid_kerb_auth.c
> >squid_kerb_auth.c:70:18: error: krb5.h: No such file or directory
> >*** Error code 1
>
> >Stop in
> /usr/ports/www/squid/work/squid-2.7.STABLE7/helpers/negotiate_auth/squid
> _kerb_auth.
> >*** Error code 1
>
> >does it mean I also need to build kerberos? I've WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes
> >in /etc/src.conf
>
> >many thanks
> >anton
>
> Yes it could not harm to remove that one from src.conf also.

well, instead I built with make -DWITHOUT_NIS -DWITHOUT_KERBEROS

and left
WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes

WITHOUT_NIS=yes

in /etc/src.conf

seems to work.

By the way, do you know how to disable squid accept incoming connections.
I need squid only to dial out, never to accept connections. I got lost
in the conf file, but maybe there is a simpler option, e.g.
squid_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf, perhaps?

This is by analogy with sendmail. The following sendmail options would
let sendmail run fine, but not accept connections:

sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="YES"
sendmail_outbound_enable="YES"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"