Re: still trouble with pci.c on i386

From: b. f. <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 01:50:17 -0500
On 12/20/09, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 08:22:42PM -0500, b. f. wrote:

> I havent' got svn installed, usually just do 'csup current-supfile'.
> Are you saying I need to update my practices?

That's up to you.  If you're checking the sources out as many users
do, in checkout mode with the delete keyword, and you find that you
need to revert a change locally, you've either got to make the changes
by hand or perform at least one more checkout with -i and a date tag
to revert the files affected by the change.  Then you've got to
protect your reversion during future updates.  In my opinion, this is
inconvenient, and if you can afford the extra disk space, you're
probably better off using the VCS as it was meant to be used, by
either using csup(1) in CVS mode, and using cvs(1) to manage your
sources, or by using subversion.  I think the latter is easier.

b.