Call for tester: VirtualBox 3.1.2 for FreeBSD

From: Martin Wilke <miwi_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:24:26 +0100

Howdy,

Changelog from VirtualBox is available here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog

Changes in the port:
  - VirtualBox and the guest additions have been updated to 3.1.2.
  - Port has been renamed to virtualbox-ose to reflect that we are
    using the OSE version. Requested by: mm_at_
  - A seperate port for the kernel modules has been created: virtualbox-ose-kmod
  - A seperate port for guest additions for FreeBSD guests has been
    created: virtualbox-ose-additions
  - Added proper PulseAudio support for FreeBSD. Contributed by Noriyoshi Kawano
  - procfs is no longer required because vbox uses sysctl(3) now. Contributed by
    Baptiste Daroussin and Bernhard Froehlich
  - Fix build with a non-standard location for the system source. Submitted
    by: scf_at_

How to upgrade:
  - Fetch the new ports:
    # fetch https://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port-r601.tar.gz
    # tar xf virtualbox-port-r601.tar.gz

  - Build the new ports:
    # cd virtualbox-ose-kmod && make
    # cd ../virtualbox-ose && make

  - If build was ok, deinstall old port
    # pkg_deinstall virtualbox-\*

  - Install new port:
    # cd ../virtualbox-ose-kmod && make install clean
    # cd ../virtualbox-ose && make install clean

For FreeBSD guests within VirtualBox please try the new guest additions port:
    # fetch https://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port-r601.tar.gz
    # tar xf virtualbox-port-r601.tar.gz
    # cd virtualbox-ose-additions && make install clean
    # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vboxguest.sh start

Check that the VirtualBox kernel module is loaded via loader.conf
and reboot the machine.

Check the wiki page for known problems: http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox

Please report any functionality which was working with previous versions of
VirtualBox and no longer working with 3.1.2 or any build failure.

Many thanks to the VirtualBox developers, all tester and patch submitter
and the whole vbox_at_ team.

Happy Testing!

- - Martin on behalf of the FreeBSD Vbox Team

- --

|  PGP    : 0xB1E6FCE9  |  Jabber : miwi(at)BSDCrew.de  |
|  Skype  : splash_111  |  Mail   : miwi(at)FreeBSD.org |
|	Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!		|