Re: Alternatives to gcc (was Re: gcc 4.3: when will it becomestandard compiler?)

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 03:56:44 -0500
At 12:20 AM -0800 2/2/09, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 1, 2009, Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu> wrote:
>  > While it could be made compile-time compatible with readline, it
>>  wasn't a completely adequate replacement for this program of ours.
>>
>>  The guy who tried this said it was because our program takes
>>  advantage of knowing some of the internals of what readline is
>  > doing, so it can implement a few extra features.

>It's *mostly* feature complete. The only thing that's really missing
>is libhistory, which is required for some things like python's
>readline support. Other programs like MySQL happily used libedit
>embedded into their source without issues.

Well, our program does include history, so that's probably where
we ran into trouble with libedit.  (I should add that I really do
mean to fix the program so libedit can be used as an option, it's
just that I've got too many other projects ahead of it in my list
of projects to-do).

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org