Re: GEOM_PART: a quick update on logical partitions

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:06:36 +0100
Marius NĂ¼nnerich wrote:

> I'm not happy with the symlinks either. When someone is manipulating a
> partition table she should be able to live with the consequences. I
> would rather go for the UUID in UFS header approach if there is enough
> room. BTW I implemented GPT UUID glabels a while ago please see:

I have a patch for UFS "GUID" labels (not exactly GUIDs, but every UFS
file system has a reasonably unique ID associated with it) but have
encountered what seems a bug in GEOM slicers - two dev entries pointing
to the same device don't work well with orphaning/tasting. Have you
encountered something similar perhaps?