Re: nanobsd dies in newfs

From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo_at_iet.unipi.it>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:52:45 +0100
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:40:17PM -0500, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is on i386 -current as of Feb 1, 2009.
>
> Obviously, things have changed in the year since I've built nanoBSD.
> I'm trying to build a very tiny sniffer box, and the build dies in
> newfs(8).  The error and my nanobsd config follow.
>
> Any suggestions, folks?

this is related to a recent commit i made to newfs.c which works with
dynamic build but not with static build.
See the commit log to see the details.

I am sorry I don't have a good solution short of changing the
function in libufs -- which may be the way to go.

For a quick workaround you can try to revert the change,
or build newfs as dynamically linked.

cheers
luigi