Re: CFT: Graphics support for /boot/loader

From: Christian Gusenbauer <c47g_at_gmx.at>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:13:52 +0100
Hi Oliver!

On Friday 06 February 2009, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Danny Braniss wrote:
>  > just tried it via pxe:
>  >
>  > panic: free: guard1 _at_ 0x7f3a4aec from /usr/src/lib/libstand/close.c:79
>  >
>  > what changes are needed in pxeboot?
>
> The panic message means that the heap memory was corruped.
> It could be caused by a buffer overflow or similar.
> I'll try to look into it.

I got this some years ago when I played with FreeBSD 6.1. It has something to
do with reading/parsing the loader.conf file. Inserting some dummy lines
(comments etc.) into loader.conf solves it (at least that's a workaround). As
I've never seen it again since 6.1 I thought it has already been fixed :-(.

Christian.