Re: HEADSUP usb2/usb4bsd to become default in GENERIC

From: Christoph Mallon <christoph.mallon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:08:30 +0100
Hans Petter Selasky schrieb:
> On Monday 09 February 2009, Christoph Mallon wrote:
>> Christoph Mallon schrieb:
>>> are named "err" or "error". This should be investigated, so here's the
>>> complete list:
>> Sorry, my MUA seems to have damaged the list. You can get the list here:
>> http://tron.homeunix.org/usb2.unread.log
>
> I think some of these errors depend if you have USB debugging compiled or not.
> At least GCC does not warn?

No, it does not depend on USB debugging.
GCC has no warning at all for variables which are only assigned to.
It only can warn about variables, which are only initialised.

{
   int x = 23; // GCC warns here ...
   int y;      // ... but not here - cparser does
   y = 42;
   y++;
}

cparser has an analysis, which can warn about "y", too.

I manually verified all 40 warnings and I cannot find any users (i.e.
readers) for these variables.