performance testing of VIMAGE changes.

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:05:10 -0800
I have been doing netowrk performace testing with and without
(comparing) the VIMAGE_GLOBALS option.

SO far I have seen no real significant changes in throughput
or latency, (judged by ministat).
I, however, am only one person and I would love to see if anyone
could confirm this.

just compile two (otherwise) identical kernels, but one with
options VIMAGE_GLOBALS. and perform teh same tests on each and put the
results in ministat.

any network test you can imagine is fine..

thanks

Julian (off to DisneyLand for a few days with the kids).