Re: lpt stopped working

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:33:48 -0500
On Friday 06 February 2009 4:31:46 pm Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2009 22:03:37 Beech Rintoul wrote:

> > > stopped

> > > Can you use procstat to get a stack trace of the hung thread?
> >
> > My printer is still showing "device busy" for lpt0 does anyone know offhand
> > when the changes were committed? I need to revert.
>
> There is regression somewhere in the ppbus code committed two weeks ago. I
> reverted back to previous code and lpt0 no longer reports "device busy" and
> printing is working again.

Please help to debug this so we can have working lpt0 in 8.0.  No one tested
the patches months ago when I first posted them, and if folks do not test them
now I will simply remove the driver before 8.0 ships.  I no longer have any
hardware such that I can test this directly, so I am depending on folks to
test things I have asked for and report back.  I believe the last thing I
asked for was for someone to do this when they lpt was hung:

Ok, can you run kgdb against your running kernel (Just run 'kgdb' without any
arguments) and do the following:

(kgdb) p *(struct ppb_data *)ppbus_devclass->devices[0]->softc

Assuming the ppb_owner is not 0, can you then do this:

(kgdb) p *(device_t)((struct ppb_data *)ppbus_devclass->devices[0]->softc)->ppb_owner

--
John Baldwin