Re: UFS Witness LoR + 5 other LoRs

From: Martin <nakal_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:45:23 +0100
Am Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:20:23 -0600
schrieb Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>:

> In the last episode (Feb 08), Martin said:
> > Btw... it would be very nice if someone finally implements timeouts
> > and a detection strategy for NFS packets that don't arrive at their
> > destination because of fragmentation and wrong rsize/wsize
> > settings.  But this is a totally different topic.  There is not
> > much in the docs about it.
>
> The solution to that problem is TCP mounts :)

Hi Dan.

Yes. This could be right, of course. I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

There are two points, I want to add:

1) Some people say that UDP mounts have faster transfer rates. I don't
know yet, if it's true.

2) I mention the problem with NFS over UDP, because UDP mounts are
somehow "fishy", it seems. A robust piece of software should recover
from erroneous situations and not get stuck somewhere. The only
solution to this situation is an unclean reboot. This is not "nice".

--
Martin