Re: HEADS UP: IFF_NEEDSGIANT consumers to be disabled, removed

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:19:56 +0000
In message <499B1F0D.4080209_at_elischer.org>, Julian Elischer writes:
>Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

>>> But nmdm(4) is not really meant to be used for stuff like that, not that
>>
>> why not? i think its exactly what it was meant for.
>
>I wrote nmdm to allow two vmware machines to talk to each other across
>a serial link.

And I added the speed emulation, because I was tasked to represent
ed(1) in a "Editor Celebrity Death-Match" in the danish unix users
group, and wanted to show my "slides" in ed(1) as well as prove that
it was a usable editor across a 300 bps line.

If I had bribed the convincingly female judges, as much as the rest
of the "celebrities" who defended other editors, I might even have
won :-)

Poul-Henning