Re: testing qemu svn r6636 on FreeBSD; future of qemu on FreeBSD...

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:47:24 +0100
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 02:37:47 +0100
Juergen Lock <nox_at_jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

> been experimental and you should use raw images if you want reliability;
> raw is also usually faster) - apart from these two issues this snapshot
> is looking pretty good in my (limited) testing so far; you are encouraged
> to test it with your various guests that you have lying around, if it
> works for you as well maybe we can indeed update the FreeBSD qemu-devel
> port again before the next official qemu release gets cut...

Well, I applied the patches and installed qemu.

I tried installing openSUSELinux 10.3 because I had a DVD laying around.

I used a 150GB raw image created using qemu-img.  I did not use kqemu.
I started qemu with this command line:

qemu -boot d -cdrom /dev/acd0 -hda linux.img -localtime -m 1G

Note I have an AMD64 X2 with 4GB of RAM installed running 8-current.

It got up to the point where it actually started the install and then
croaked with SIGSEGV, I think it was.  The error message flashed by
rather quickly.

That means that I was able to partition the disks and specify some
non-standard packages. It managed to create and format the disk
partitions and figure out from the DVD which packages to install.

Not too bad, I suppose.

---
Gary Jennejohn