Re: Default FS Layout Too Small?

From: Michel Talon <talon_at_lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:32:02 +0100
Tim Kientzle wrote:

> I agree.  The "one big /" style of partitioning seems a much more
> reasonable default for most desktop/laptop users these days.

Having been bitten several times i disagree, i think for desktop/laptop
use you need 2 partitions, one big / with all system files, and
one big /home for your personal files  which are far more precious than
system files. This way you can upgrade by reformatting the / and keeping
the /home. The /tmp can then be a tempfs.

--

Michel TALON