Re: USB devfs patch

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:45:28 +0100
Hi Andrew,

* Andrew Thompson <thompsa_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Below is a patch from Rink Springer to change the new USB stack to use
> devfs device nodes.  I have tested this with a usb mouse and I am hoping
> people with other devices can test too, in particular scanners (sane
> app) and lpt ports.

I also mentioned this on IRC, but just to make sure it won't get lost. I
really like the patch. I just tried it and it seems to work as
advertised. What's your opinion on this patch?

	http://80386.nl/pub/usb-cdev.diff

It turns the d_fdopen() function to a regular d_open(). I think we
should only use d_fdopen() in cases where we really need access to the
file descriptor (like ptmx).

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/