Re: panic on (hdd)load

From: Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:26:43 +0000
On Saturday 03 January 2009 18:25:28 Uwe Grohnwaldt wrote:

> I tried the patch and disabled umass - but the panic comes after a short
> time of hdd-i/o.

I got the same error but due to the umass dma issue - It may not be the only place
that triggers that error - last time around I was only one who suffered that error
so it tricky to debug

Try to disable all USB if you can and see if that helps otherwise check devices using dma
one by one its a pain ;-)

Try to see if you can isolate when the Port multiplier logic was applied to the version you are running -
for CURRENT that was after 10/4-2007  and try to run with the ATA subsystem from then