Re: ZFS boot

From: Olivier SMEDTS <olivier_at_gid0.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:02:09 +0100
Hi !

2009/1/7 Alexandre Biancalana <biancalana_at_gmail.com>:
> Hi List ! Happy New Year!
>
>  Is already possible to boot directly from zfs ??

Yes. Look at http://blogs.freebsdish.org/lulf/category/freebsd/ for a
ZFS-only FreeBSD using GPT. This is for -CURRENT only.

For an MBR partition table scheme, it's more complicated. I wasn't
able to boot from a ZFS pool on my amd64 system, but maybe I'm doing
something wrong. Look at threads on this list from late 2008, and
especially the "LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=yes" option and how to install the
zfsboot loader with dd.

Happy new year :)

Olivier