Re: HEADSUP: arp-v2 has been committed

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:47:54 -0800
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> wrote:
> Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
> I think setting it to a value of 0 has two good points...
>
> In code that does:
> if (XXX & RTF_LLINFO) {
>        yyy()
> }
> the optimiser should simply remove the code,
> or at worst give an error messages that makes people go look for
> the answer, and secondly,
> the conditional
>
> #if defined(RTF_LLINFO) && (RTF_LLINFO != 0)
>
> can be easily used to make code conditionally do the right thing
> for different versions of freeBSD,
> possibly trivially replacing earlier occurances of
>
> #ifdef RTF_LLINFO
>

>>    Oh, btw... wine works well when you set the RTF_LLINFO value to 0
>> with arp-v2, AFAICT.
>> -Garrett

That's basically what I did (2 instances in the file had to be replaced) --

#ifndef RTF_LLINFO
/* Insert code here with 0. */
#else
/* Insert code here with RTF_LLINFO. */
#endif

The code checks to see if sysctl exists, and then defaults to Linux-y
behavior, so other OS'es with proper sysctl support could be broken by
this change.

I tested this out with Steam and wine-doors, but unfortunately I ran
into OpenGL issues that prevented me from playing Steam games -_-...

Cheers,
-Garrett