Re: [RFC]: flex/lex update

From: Ulf Lilleengen <ulf.lilleengen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:44:44 +0100
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:01:28PM +0100, Roman Divacky wrote:
> hi
>
> I noticed there is an update to lex/flex. The version in our tree
> is ancient and there seems to be some updates (http://flex.sourceforge.net/)
>
> Can someone comment on the state of lex in our tree? It's not considered
> a contributed software (it resides in usr.bin) but it was taken from elsewhere.
>
> what is our position? is it preferable for me to work on updating it or
> just fixing the one bug I ran into?

I would like to see a new version of flex in base, as the current version
doesn't support generating reentrant code, which is needed for the lexer used
in csup for tokenizing rcs files. I solved this by just including the
generated lexer, but would prefer if it could be generated from the source
instead.

I think philip_at_ started to work on this, so you should poke him regarding the
work he's already done.

--
Ulf Lilleengen