RE: [Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD

From: Gary R. Van Sickle <g.r.vansickle_at_att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 04:09:28 -0600
> From: Andre Guibert de Bruet

[]

> Unfortunately the PicoLCD 2X20 and 4X20 devices present
> themselves as HID devices.

...but... they *are* HID devices.  Why is this "unfortunate"?

> I filed PR usb/128803 and attached
> a patch which quirks the device, so that it doesn't get
> attached to by the HID driver (Thus making it available to
> libusb). It can be found at
>   . It would be awesome if this would get committed on
> CURRENT and possibly MFC'ed... :)

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how would that be awesome?  Wouldn't it
be significantly more awesome if these HID devices were communicated with in
the same manner as any other HID device?  Or is FreeBSD's HID support really
that broken?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle