Re: linux compatibility module build problems..

From: Paul B. Mahol <onemda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:23:16 +0100
On 1/18/09, Martin Baumann <martin.baumann_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The strangest thing is that when I compile kernel with options
> COMPAT_LINUX it doesnt give me any error.. So I really dont understand.

Because in that case HWPMC_HOOKS definition is passed directly from
your kernel conf eg. only one opt_hwpmc_hooks.h is used to build whole
kernel and modules, so it will work also with COMPAT_LINUX not defined
in kernel.

That is not case when building inside module Makefile directory. And
if that way doesnt work your are on your own to find what is missing.

Building modules as you are doing is not generally to be supported all the time.