Re: Prblem whit USB in FreeBSD 8

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:38:17 +0100
On Saturday 24 January 2009, Carlos Corona wrote:
> Hi *
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 8 i386 on my machine X2 AMD Athlon 64, I have devices
> such as USB keyboard and mouse, which works perfectly, but as to the
> pendrive, I had some problems when I connect my pendrive Fujitel for 1GB
> recognizes this, but will not let me do anything, I can open applications,
> etc. loggin a console, I managed to do the dmesg when connecting:
>
>   (da0: UMass-sim0: 0:0:0): lost device
> (da0: UMass-sim0: 0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x39, scsi
> status == 0x0
> (da0: UMass-sim0: 0:0:0): removing device entry
> GEOM_LABEL: Label msdosfs / [you: Qiufo] removed.
> umass0: detached
>
> Can onlydisconnect  hold back my system, any thoughts on this? thanks in
> advance

Hi,

Most likely The firmware on your pendrive is not fully SCSI compliant.

Read: http://wiki.freebsd.org/USB

and the section about adding an USB Mass Storage Quirk.

You need to add something like this to "sys/dev/usb2/storage/umass2.c" :

        {USB_VENDOR_MEIZU, USB_PRODUCT_MEIZU_M6_SL, RID_WILDCARD,
                UMASS_PROTO_SCSI | UMASS_PROTO_BBB,
                NO_INQUIRY | NO_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE
        },

--HPS