Re: NFS data corruption

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:26:10 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

[stuff about data corruption snipped]

> Is there any way I can help to diagnose and fix the problem?
>
> Here's amd.map file which is used to mount this filesystem:
>
> ---
> /defaults	type:=nfs;rhost:=hive;opts:=rw,nosuid,noexec,-3,-i,-s,-T
> *		rfs:=/pool/${key}
> ---

A couple of simple things you could try:
1 - rebuild your kernel with "option NFS_LEGACYRPC" and try that.
2 - try it without the "-s" option (since nothing reports a failure,
     is seems unlikely that an RPC would have timed out, but maybe the
     app. doesn't check for error returns on write. In general, I consider
     "soft" mounts to be a bad idea, but that's just imho.)

Good luck with it, rick