Re: Alternatives to gcc (was Re: gcc 4.3: when will it becomestandard compiler?)

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:26:29 -0500
At 9:27 AM +0100 1/29/09, Christoph Mallon wrote:
>Eitan Adler schrieb:
>>To quote from the FAQ:
>>Who does this change affect?
>>     Nobody who is currently using GCC should be affected by this change.
>
>Let me repeat that:
>"Nobody who is currently using GCC *should* be affected by this change."
>
>Emphasize mine.

There have been a couple of different issues brought up in this thread,
and I've lost track of which one we're on.  But one of the issues is
the use of LLVM+gcc, and my guess is that the above statement would not
apply to that.  That is just my guess, of course.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org