Re: Alternatives to gcc (was Re: gcc 4.3: when will it become standard compiler?)

From: Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip_at_tutopia.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:20:30 -0800 (PST)
I admit I find this thread surprisingly persistent. Just wondering ...

Didn't the FreeBSD Foundation hire some lawyers to study the implications of the GPL3?

If there is no legally qualified opinion, than I'd say the GPL2 is already too restricted for my taste and if FreeBSD moves to a GPL3'd toolchain without an extremely compelling reason then I would consider a move to another OS. A poll would probably show I am not alone in my stance.

Pedro.