Re: Has anyone been able to actually boot the AMD64 kernel after r194958?

From: Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken_at_mthelicon.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:41:19 +0100
> Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
>>     I was wondering.. Has anyone actually been able to boot a kernel
>> after r194958? On 2 different machine (simmilar archecture) the system
>> will kernel-trap right after attemping to mount the ZFS filesystems. I
>> dont know if it is ZFS related or not as I am not able to get a core. It
>> complains that no dump device has been defined and then locks up...
>>     If there is a way that I can provide more information, please let me
>> know how and I will post it.
>
> If your swap space is in zpool, you won't be able to dump.
> Does the system boot in single user mode? Without starting /etc/rc.d/zfs I
> mean.

    I use ZFS Boot with a three-way mirror (A seperate GPT slice on each of
the drives) and the swap-space is spanned across 3 other slices (one on each
of the boot drives).  I think its giving me that error because it never gets
far enough in the boot to swapon those slices before it panics. Another
symptom of this is that it dosent get far enough to clear the nextboot flag,
so when it does go boom, I have to manually tell it to boot from the working
kernel (r194958).

    I'll try in a few hours to see if it will allow me to go into single
user and report back to everyone. I'm not infront of the console at the
moment (I need to get a IP-KVM) :>

Peg