Re: RFC: ATA to CAM integration patch

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:26:45 +0300
Mike Tancsa wrote:
>> If you have issues with old driver also, then it is probably some drive
>> specifics, but not a bug of the new implementation. There was no changes
>> to the old ATA.
>
> Yes, it certainly seems so.  This DVD is off the PATA bus
>
> 0[i7]# atacontrol list
> ATA channel 2:
>     Master:      no device present
>     Slave:  acd0 <DVD-ROM UJDA780/1.50> ATA/ATAPI revision 7

Wait! Stop! I have got lost in what we are testing. In some of your your

(probe2:ahcich2:0:0:0): SIGNATURE: eb14
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
ahcich2: Timeout on slot 4
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config
ahcich2: Timeout on slot 5

First line means that it is ATAPI drive on AHCI SATA controller and
latest lines mean that it is not working properly. Now you are talking
that this is PATA drive. Could you please somehow identify each of your
system to let me identify problems and solutions separately.

--
Alexander Motin