Re: RFC: powerd Patch & proposed future changes

From: Rene Schickbauer <cavac_at_magicbooks.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:11:14 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

>> Would it also make sense to have powerd run an (optional) user
>> configureable script on ac state change? I'm thinking about things
>> like dimming TFT backlight, on EEE PC turning of the webcam and so
>> on.
>
> devd can already do this..
[...]

Wow, thanks. You just made my day!

Its really astonishing what FreeBSD is capable of. Maybe it's finally time
to kill OSX on my MacMini and install FreeBSD... uh, still need to get my
DisplayLink adapter supported - one Monitor is *not* enough ;-)

LLAP & LG
Rene

--
Hackerkey: http://tinyurl.com/pof37z