k3b and mkisofs problems on freebsd-current

From: M&S - Krasznai András <Krasznai.Andras_at_mands.hu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:59:54 +0200
Good morning!

Since I upgraded my laptop to freebsd-8 k3b freezes after displaying the splash screen. Earlier I used freebsd-7.2 stable.

If I start k3b from a terminal window it gives back the terminal prompt after the splash screen is displayed, and the GUI does not start. The k3b process remains in memory, together with mkisofs. There are as many mkisofs processes as many times I started k3b. k3b can be killed with pkill k3b, but the mkisofs can not. Starting mkisofs from the command line works perfectly.

If I move mkisofs out of the search path then k3b can be started, and I could copy a CD with it.

I reinstalled k3b, cdrtools, I recompiled k3b with all its dependencies, but there was no success.

I refreshed the sources last time on Friday, and recompiled k3b and cdrtools again but it is still not working correctly.

Did anybody experience such problems with k3b?

rgds

Krasznai Andras