run interrupt driven hooks: still waiting for xpt_config

From: Marc <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:26:42 +0200
Hiho! :-)

I just put a Highpoint RocketRaid 2322 in our file server. There are no
drives connected to it yet.

I'm running:

FreeBSD xxx 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #15: Sat Jul  4
15:23:12 CEST 2009

Since I put the 2322 in, the machine hangs late in the boot process
with above message. It continues to wait until:

run interrupt driven hooks: still waiting for xpt_config (300 seconds)
and then theres nothing. No panic, keyboard still works, I can still
scroll through dmesg, but nothing more.

Before it the hptrr(4) attaches, there's the following message:

xpt_dev async called.

I searched the archives and found some references to firewire, but the
machine in question has no firewire controller.

Is there anything else I can do to debug this?

For the record, the card is PCIe 4x, but I put it in the PCIe 16x slot.
The card seems to work fine though, I can access its BIOS and its
recognized by the FreeBSD driver.

I'm also running with the new ahci driver.

Bye
Marc

--
"A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed

W.B. Yeats, Leda and the Swan