Vlc services discovery (SAP) panics kernel

From: Mattia Rossi <mrossi_at_swin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:07:31 +1000
I've tried to use vlc 1.0.0 (goldeneye) - it was also happening with
previous versions.
Every time I try SAP service discovery the system freezes.

Trying on the command line gave me a Fatal error 12 message, page fault
while in kernel mode.

I've tried to reinstall all ports related to vlc (using portmaster), no
changes.

Wanted to reinstall all ports from scratch, but as kdelibs3 still
doesn't have the latest working libusb2 patch included and kdegraphics4
pulls in sane-backends which does not compile because of libusb2, I
actually can't rebuild my system without patching around and stuff -
which sucks.

Don't know if somebody else is experiencing the same problems... mostly
the vlc one.

Mat

Btw.: no kernel dumps available.. seems that the instructions at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

do not work (for me).