Re: Disk devices changed after upgrade to current

From: Matt Smith <freebsd_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:41:26 +0100
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:23:18 +0400, Kamigishi Rei <spambox_at_haruhiism.net>
wrote:

> If you check June'09 archives, you'll find out that there already was a
> question about this, coming from a person with FreeBSD installed on a
> dangerously dedicated disk.
> Are you sure you aren't using a DDD (a drive that has no DOS/GPT
> partition tables, just the bsdlabel)?

Ahhh. I have just found the thread you are referring to in the archives.
That explains it I think. I do indeed have a dangerously dedicated disk
because I only run the one O/S on it and never need it to be compatible
with anything else. So it looks like 7.x did things wrongly and now in 8
it's working as designed.

Thanks for this.

Matt.