Re: 8.0-BETA1 bsdlabel broken?

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:48:34 -0700
On Jul 11, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:

> But anyway, bsdlabel won't let you write the label (old, patched with
> bad patch, patched with the current patch), since it wants to do it
> via
> the BSD class and our slicer is PART.  Another patch will be
> submitted ;))

The best approach is to have bsdlabel go over the partitions
and compare those with the XML of the GEOM stack. Then, on a
partition basis, you invoke g_part gctlreqs to modify, delete
and/or add partitions. When bootcode is to be installed, you
invoke a gctlreq for that separately. This approach also works
for fdisk(8).

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar