Re: USB stick installation problems

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:22:07 +0200
On Monday 13 July 2009 10:03:50 Thomas Vogt wrote:

> The server has 14 sata disk, controlled via lsi controller as /dev/daX
> devices like the usb stick. Could this be a problem?

This problem can easily be solved by mounting by label instead of device name.
I have not checked the 8-current bootable image installation yet, but it
appears that they are mounting /dev/da0sX instead of /dev/ufs/xxx typically.
Maybe an idea for the release team to give a unique name or label to the
partitions and mount according to that.

Reference: Freesbie.

--HPS