Re: Flowtables -- any tuning hints?

From: Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Kip Macy <kmacy_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> From: Kip Macy <kmacy_at_freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: Flowtables -- any tuning hints?
> To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 3:28 PM
> I'm only responding to avoid the
> misconception that Barney's
> statements are correct.
>
> Barney - please read the code so that you understand what
> it actually
> does before commenting further.
>
> Thanks,
> Kip

Its only a misconception if you think its the only way to do things, which
in itself is a misconception. I'm not at liberty to discuss specifics so i can't defend myself properly.

I will say that designing a 10gb/s "system" that doesnt work well with a large number of flows kind of misses the target, don't you think? The people who need 10gb/s are isps, universities and telcos; all of whom have a large number of flows. So I'm not sure exactly who is going to benefit from the work.

Barney