Re: UTF-8 on 8.0-CURRENT: Yes We Can!

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:10:53 +0200
* Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.current_at_mailing.thruhere.net> wrote:
> Is this an acronym or are we getting Dutchionalized kernel options? :)

The latter. `Tekenen' is the Dutch verb for drawing. libteken is a
library I wrote last year to emulate an xterm-like terminal with UTF-8.
I modified it, so it can be used with cons25 and 8-bit character sets.
Even though the name suggests it draws stuff, it doesn't. It only turns
a stream of bytes into character placement calls.

My new console driver also uses libteken to perform the terminal
emulation.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/