Re: LOR:vfs_bio.c and ufs_dirhash.c

From: Nick Barkas <snb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:12:01 +0200
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 04:08:20PM +0200, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Kamigishi Rei wrote:
>
> > Please consider checking http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html
> > before reporting a possible new LOR.
> > The first one you posted in this message is the same as in the previous
> > one (261).
> > The second one is http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor/266.html.
>
> I tried it, but I don't know what is the identifier (it is not mentioned
> on the page). For me, the LOR is just a bunch of meaningless text and I
> don't know how to compare two LOR reports. Is it by source files, or hex
> number after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or anything else...
>
> So... how can I search the page next time?

It is probably easiest to search the web page for the source file names
that are listed after 1st, 2nd, etc. Note, however, that the line
numbers shown after the file names may not match exactly, as the
location of the locking operation triggering the LOR will move around as
commits are made to the source files in question. The hexadecimal
numbers you see listed next to the file names are memory addresses, and
may be quite different on your system from what is on the page,
especially if your architecture differs from that of the original
reporter.

Nick