Re: ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably sata renaming)

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:48:01 +0200
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:44:32PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > # glabel label disk01 /dev/ad4
> > # glabel label disk02 /dev/ad6
> > # glabel label disk03 /dev/ad8
> > # zpool create pool raidz1 label/disk01 label/disk02 label/disk03
> >
> > After that, you can shuffle the drives around in the system, and the pool
> > will continue to work correctly.
>
> ooooooo!  i wish i had understood that when i built a large set of
> mirrored raid.
>
> any way to hack it ex post facto?

Don't know if this can be safely done on a large set, with a normal PC
using a simple zpool mirror I'm hacking this doing:

# zpool status tank
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad0p2   ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad8p2   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
# zpool detach tank ad0p2
# glabel label disk01 /dev/ad0p2
# zpool attach tank ad8p2 label/disk01
# zpool status tank
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool
will
	continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
 scrub: resilver in progress for 0h6m, 17.06% done, 0h29m to go
config:

	NAME              STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	tank              ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad8p2         ONLINE       0     0     0  60.7M resilvered
	    label/disk01  ONLINE       0     0     0  10.4G resilvered

errors: No known data errors

After the resilver I'll just go ahead with the other disk. It's working
flawlessly for now.

with a simple 2 disk setup this is quite easy, it can get tricky with
complex designs(f.e. zraid2, hot spares, cache and log devices and so
on...). If you have a complex design better make a detailed plan, before
shooting your own foot.

--
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>