ppc(4) locking of isa_dma*

From: Roman Divacky <rdivacky_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:49:35 +0200
hi

the isa_dma* functions seem to require Giant. ppc(4) uses those
but does not seem to lock Giant or anything. is this ok?
is it a bug?

I looked at the i386/isa/isa_dma.c and it seems pretty selfcontained
(ie. it operates on hw and it's own variables). would it be sufficient
to just introduce a new lock and lock with it all the isa_dma* functions
? or is there some indirect dependency on Giant that I cant see?

there are not many users of this (most prominently fdc/ppc/sound-isa and
some minor stuff).

can someone comment? thnx!

roman