Re: Attempting ZFS Only Install of 7.2

From: Jason Garrett <kingedgar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:18:58 -0500
>snip everything that don't matter

> 8. Install ZFS boot:
> # gpart bootcode -b /zroot/boot/pmbr ad0
> # gpart bootcode -p /zroot/boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad0
>
> 9. Change mount points for zroot pool and reboot.

IT WORKS!!!

Step 8 was CRUCIAL to the setup. All along, following the guides, I was
doing this. The ONLY difference was after I built the loader with
LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=YES I did this step from /mnt2/boot/pmbr and
/mnt2/boot/gptzfsboot. One guide even had me do this first. This is the one
thing that made it work. I am now happy to be testing 8.0-BETA1 on my
machine.

I hope all of you stick around this thread since it was Drew's to begin
with.

Drew,

If you contact me off list, I can run down the steps I took to making this
work.

A BIG THANK YOU to all who posted and helped!

Jason