ipw in 8.0-BETA1

From: James Butler <sweetnavelorange_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:32:44 +1200
Greetings

Are ipw devices expected to work in 8.0-BETA1? Mine apparently
doesn't. I have updated my rc.conf according to the instructions in
UPDATING relating to wlans; the wlan0 interface is created, but
wpa_supplicant doesn't associate.

I ask after seeing this snippet from the list back in March:

> Unfortunately the vap conversion of the ipw driver never was completed
> (it's the only driver in the tree that is known to be totally broken).  It's on
> my todo list for 8.0 but would happily defer to someone else :).

If the answer is yes, then I'll try a little harder.

Thanks,
-James