Re: Sending multicast datagrams broken (regression)

From: Bruce Simpson <bms_at_incunabulum.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 03:09:26 +0100
Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> I'm observing that multicast IPv4 UDP datagrams sent from the latest 8.0-BETA2
> are being discarded. The code below used to work with 7.2.

Can you tcpdump this?

This may be related to an llentry related regression which Xin Li
recently posted a patch for, it appears that layer 2 addresses for
multicast/broadcast datagrams may be broken in 8.0-BETA2.

Although I haven't tested this myself since committing the SSM code
around April, where I observed such traffic was correct.

thanks
BMS