Re: cpufreq on VIA C7

From: <oschonef_at_techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:29:40 +0200
Hi,

Eines schoenen Tages schrieb Uwe Grohnwaldt:
> I have a Jetway J7F5M2H-VDE Mainboard with a VIA C7 2GHz CPU. I
> installed FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE and updated it to FreeBSD 8.0 Beta2.
[..]
> Another problem is, that I have some messages like this in dmesg:
> NMI ISA 3c, EISA 0
> NMI ISA 2c, EISA 0

You could try to compile a kernel without the HWPMC_HOOKS option.
(see http://www.nabble.com/NMI-ISA-2c,-EISA-ff-td23033469.html)

I had similar issues with a Jetway J7F2$something board. The kernel always
dropped into DDB after receiving a NMI. I was not able to install CURRENT
(respectively 8.0 BETA2) on this system. However, the kernel without the
HWPMC_HOOKS options boots successfully.
Currently, I am trying to do a source update from STABLE to CURRENT.
STABLE does not show this behaviour and just works fine.

HTH,
Oliver
And remember: "To Infinity And Far Beyond ... Somehow?!"

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me in your ~/.signature
to help me spread!             <- Save this lifeform ;-)