Re: library compat for FreeBSD7x

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:32:17 +0200
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 01:02:33PM +0400, subbsd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after the bump version on FreeBSD8-Beta2, some application needs for old
> library. But misc/compat7x ports not found for this. It still not ready?
> thanks!

You'll have to rempile all ports anyway. For the few ports which still
require an old library(diablo-jdk, for one) you can use libmap.conf:

# Temporary libmap.cnf to solve problems caused by the 8.0 lib version
bump.

# diablo still looks for libz.so.4
libz.so.4		libz.so.5

I made this to solve the problem i found with the diablo jdk binaries.

(not restricted because sometimes I call java binaries without
path...Should not interefere with other programs)

--
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>