Re: Annoying whitenoise sound coming from snd_hda enabled chipset

From: Yoshihiro Ota <ota_at_j.email.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:24:23 -0400
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:45:27 +0300
Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Yoshihiro Ota wrote:
> > This problem was gone once back in Febrary.
> >
> > I was away from 8-current and came back to 8-BETA1/2.
> > Then, now I hear this noise again.
> >
> > Alexander, do you have any ideas for this time, too?
>
> Can you remind me what are you talking about? You are talking about some
> noise, but following messages about detection problems.

I currently have a problem.
The problem is some mysterious sound like szzzz..... in very low tone and low volume.
However, it is noticeable and somewhat destructing.
I usually use 7.1-RELEASE, but as 8.0 being in BETA, I installed 8-BETA1 and BETA2.
Both of these versions has this noise.

The noise is very much like the same noise I experienced back in February.
At that time, you, Alexander, fixed the problem.
I had had used 8-CURRENT until end of April but I was away until this time.
Because the symptom was smiler, I decided to reply to the old e-mail chain.

Thanks,
Hiro