Re: FreeBSD-8 and portsnap

From: barbara <barbara.xxx1975_at_libero.it>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:57:03 +0200
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Kamigishi Rei<spambox_at_haruhiism.net> wrote:
> > barbara wrote:
> >>
> >> If you remove those files and run portsnap fetch update again, you will
> >> find only fresh INDEX-[5-7].
> >> Maybe it's caused by the fact INDEX-8 is not built on portsnap servers,
> >> but I really don't know.
> >>

> > Apparently, I can confirm this.
> > I use portsnap fetch extract to populate my /usr/ports tree on all my
> > systems, and on 8-CURRENT machines 8-INDEX seems missing.
> >

> Out of curiosity, does 'portsnap fetch update -I' restore INDEX-8?  I
> am not in front of my machine to test, at the moment.

No, it doesn't.

After looking at /etc/portsnap.conf, I tried adding 'INDEX INDEX-8 DESCRIBE.8' at the end, but I', getting this message:

Building new INDEX files... DESCRIBE.8 not provided by portsnap server; INDEX-8 not being generated.

And in /var/db/portsnap/tINDEX there is no DESCRIBE.8.
So maybe this DESCRIBE.8 should be created on the server and included in the snapshot.

Barbara