Re: Disable root mount waiting for USB

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:18:54 +0300
on 28/07/2009 16:52 Robert Noland said the following:
> Ok, Apparently I'm incorrect here... The man page is misleading... It
> seems that you do need to declare the TUNABLE_INT as well as change the
> CTLFLAG_RW to CTLFLAG_RDTUN.

Yes, the former change is "cosmetics" (very useful variety) that turns the sysctl
into read-only one (because changing it after boot would have no effect either
way) and provides a hint to sysctl(1) to print much friendlier and useful error
message when a user would attempt to change the value.

--
Andriy Gapon