Re: zfs: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:21:26 +0300
on 29/07/2009 13:32 Thomas Backman said the following:
> OFF TOPIC:
> Due to similarities in the backtrace between this and a panic I've been
> seeing on exporting after zfs recv (see
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009105.html and
> also
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009174.html for
> a panics-every-time script) I tried this patch. Unfortunately, I still
> get the same panic (from vgonel() and up, it's the same, except for my
> typo in the linked email.)

Your panics are superficially similar but seem to be different.
But it is hard to tell as function argument values are not available in your
backtraces for the interesting calls.
One difference that I see is that your panics happen one level below _sx_xlock, in
sx_xlock_hard and sx argument value appears to be far from NULL
(0xffffff0043557d50) - in the panic that started this thread it was near NULL.
Another difference is that you panics do not involve zfs_znode_dmu_fini and
mu_buf_update_user, in your case sx_xlock is called directly from
zfs_freebsd_reclaim. So it must a problem with a different lock.

--
Andriy Gapon