Re: Reproducible panic: ndis, broadcom 4318

From: Glen Barber <glen.j.barber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:14:42 -0400
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Glen Barber<glen.j.barber_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> This happens on a new install (7.1-RELEASE upgraded to 8.0-BETA2 using
> freebsd-update).  No changes have been made to the system aside from
> rc.conf edits and copying an existing kernel module for ndis0 from a
> backup.  The machine panics within a few seconds of loading
> bcmwl5_sys.ko, with or without wpa_supplicant enabled.
>
> There is no kernel.debug for me to run kgdb against.  I cannot get the
> system connected to the net to do a recent checkout of the tree, but I
> will try to build a debug kernel on another machine and copy it with a
> flash drive.

Update:
This panic seems to be fixed in later revisions, as the kernel from my
build machine, r195886, does not produce this panic when loading the
Broadcom module.  I am still having issues with the ndis0 device
connecting to a network, but this is most probably caused from the
kernel and world being out of sync, which I am currently fixing now.

--
Glen Barber