Re: zfs: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

From: Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:31:58 +0200
On Jul 30, 2009, at 15:14, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> I wasn't clear - please make sure that you have original
> zfs_inactive (without the
> changes that Pawel proposed) with the only change zfs_znode_free ->
> vrecycle.
> I.e.:
> if (zp->z_dbuf == NULL) {
>        /*
>         * The fs has been unmounted, or we did a
>         * suspend/resume and this file no longer exists.
>         */
>        mutex_enter(&zp->z_lock);
>        VI_LOCK(vp);
>        vp->v_count = 0; /* count arrives as 1 */
>        mutex_exit(&zp->z_lock);
>        rw_exit(&zfsvfs->z_teardown_inactive_lock);
>        vrecycle(vp, curthread);
>        return;
> }
>
> I believe that the latest panic is a direct result of ZTOV(zp) =
> NULL line
> introduced in zfs_vnops.c.2.patch.
>
> reclaim function should stay patched with Pawel's patch.
Hey, it works!!! :)
For the first time ever, my now mislabeled "clone_crash.sh" doesn't
panic! A quick test of my ordinary, actually-used backup script also
worked fine!

For the record, here's the diff I got: http://exscape.org/temp/zfs_vnops.c.patch

Thanks a lot! Hope to see this tested further (I'll do some more
testing for sure) so that we can consider it a stable change.

Regards,
Thomas